
As Most of you all know, Jeff and I have been doing fertility treatments. It has been one experience that has brought us closer together and we have both grown from.
We have decided to take a break from the treatments. They were not working and it was allot of physical and mental stress on both of us. We thought alittle break would be good for us.
My testimony of God has grown allot the past few months. I have had many wonderful and touching experiences that has help me know that he is there and he is hearing me. It is pretty amazing how he can communicate with you.
I was struggling with how I didn't know if he heard me. For a week I couldn't stop thinking about that. I was sitting in relief society. I often sit by my self. ( I like it that way lol.) We had a new teacher and she did a get to know people activity. As I'm sitting there thinking "I hate when we have to do these things." I smiled at my little group and help with the little assignment. She wanted us to pick a scripture that has had a impact in our life and if we felt like sharing we could. I'm not very good at studying the scriptures, so none jumped out at me. So to look like I was actually doing something I just opened the scriptures and for some reason I picked the middle of the page to start reading. and this was the scripture
"Waiting patiently on the lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the lord of the sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament-the lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted" D&C 98:2
This has helped me understand that he really does hear me and that he really does love me. I am truly grateful for that moment. It has helped me be more positive and understand that my prayers are important. Isn't Faith wonderful!
Thanks for sharing that. I have had that happen to me. It is one of God's tender mercies. Love you guys ...Uncle Curtis
ReplyDeleteYou know Sarah, I know exactly what you are feeling. I went through the same feelings as we were going through the fertility struggles. and you know, I found that scriptures can sometimes be the answer to some feelings like this.
ReplyDeleteIm glad you are taking a break. we had to do that a few times. get back into the "HUSBAND AND WIFE, BEST FRIENDS" mode, instead of the "TRYING TRYING TRYING with NO SUCCESS at becoming PARENTS" mode ... sometimes when you are in the latter mode, life can really pass you by.
Give me a line or a call if you need to chat. :) Ive been there done that, so yeah.
lots of love!
Jenn