When two people decide to get married....they start putting all there focus on the wedding day.... to plan the big celebration of two people in love that want to spend forever together. After that wonderful day....it is about two people, with totally different personalities trying to build a life together without the instruction manual. Which is a big adventure!
Since I got married, I love talking to people that are married about marriage. For the advice and wisdom they can offer. It is very interesting how they all can be so much alike, but yet so different. It is also a lot of fun to laugh at the same things other couple are going through, that you are experiencing yourself.
For example it is comforting to know that other wives are going through these and that they are normal:
- Cant seem to find the opening to the laundry basket syndrome.
- "Babe can you please wait until the commercial" syndrome.
It is also very comforting to know that other husbands are going through these and that they are normal:
- leave every single pair of shoes she owns all over the house syndrome
- I will wear my dress pants with 3 creases in them because my wife claims she can iron syndrome.
Even though these sound so annoying. They make me laugh. These things make us "us" in our marriage. I just love this quote-
"Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without." ~James C. Dobson
This quote is sooooo true.....Even though sometimes I grumble about his laundry not being in the basket....I cant picture my life any other way :)......I cant live without him!..... ( Wait am I saying I cant live without the dirty laundry? WOW)
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment