In August 2009 my Grandma Miller passed away. I have been thinking about her alot today and wanted to write a post about her. She was one great grandma. I have so many great memories of her....but it would be one long post if I went through them all. So I will just share a few.
My grandma miller made the best tuna sandwich you have ever tasted.....I don't know what she did to it....but it was always a treat when I visited her.
We would go to beach board walk in Santa Cruz. We would hang out at the beach and get to choose one ride to go on. We always had a good time
I think I saw all the Disney movies that came out when I was little with her. We would go to the movie theatre in the mall and after the show, she would take me to buy a Disney shirt of the movie we just watched.
She taught me how to read. She had such patience with me. She was a great teacher.
My grandparents had all these Halloween costumes from over the years. She would let my sister and I dress up then she would let us do a fashion show for her.
She had a huge drawer of jewelry. She would pull out the whole drawer, put it on the bed and my sister and I would just sit and look at it for hours.
A month before she passed away. Jeff and I were able to make a trip to California. This was to be the first time Jeff would meet my Grandma and Grandpa Miller. I was so excited to see them after three years. She may never know it but this memory meant the world to me. She treated Jeff like he has always been one of her grandchildren. We went to breakfast and Jeff helped her out of the car. She held his hand all the way into the building with a beautiful smile on her face. I will never forget that moment. She always treated people with kindness. In my heart I knew it was the last time I got to spend time with her on this earth. I hugged her so hard that day that she almost lost her balance. I just didn't want to let go.
I have a picture of her on my desk at work. So many people Stop and say wow you look just like her. I never realized how similar we actually do look. It makes me smile!
I miss her dearly, She was one amazing women, I am so grateful for all the things she has taught me and for all the many memories she has given me. I love you grandma.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




So I totally didnt see you posted!!! So true she made the best tuna sandwiches ever and when she would broil cheese on bread in the oven...so good Sophie and I will do that sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI do not remember going and getting disney shirst after...maybe it was just you? Good times I miss her...Love you sis!!! -Rachel
Beautiful memories Sarah! Cherish them
ReplyDelete