Hello everyone! It has been a very long time. I have been alittle busy (As my Sister-In-Law Becca would put it) being the happiest porcelain hugger in the world!
In December Jeff and I enjoyed a very fun vacation to Chicago to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary and to Indiana for Christmas with the DeMoss family. It was a wonderful trip! Little did I know....I was pregnant the whole time!
Around New years I was feeling pretty tired and just blah. I thought it was from all the traveling and going straight back to work the day after we got home. I didn't really think anything of it. After eating Chicago style pizza and lots of other yummy stuff, I had put on a few pounds and decided that the first week of the new year....I was starting my intense workouts again! I was pretty excited and my first workout was awesome! but after, I felt sick and didn't want to eat....which is not normal for me lol
The next day I got up to get ready for work, and started washing my hair when I started to see some spots...and that's all I really remember....after I woke up on the shower floor, I was alittle freaked out and called my husband at work crying. The perk about having a paramedic husband.....is he brought his shift to come check if I was ok....oh joy....I didn't even get to finish washing my shampoo out....its just alittle embarrassing when you know the people that are coming to figure out why you passed out in the shower....well I guess I was dehydrated and got a loving yet stern lecture on how I need to drink more water. After a couple days I still wasnt feeling 100% and just wanted to sleep all the time.
One day while Jeff was at work I went to the store and thought what the heck, I will just buy a pregnancy test....I have bought a million of them before and I just take them thinking maybe this time it will be positive...but I try not to get my hopes up.... ( I think I have spent enough money on those test to equal a amount of a car. well maybe not...but pretty close.) I was planning to take it in the morning like it says and throw another $5 dollar stick in the trash.
Around 3:00am I had a wonderful nightmare....well it was actually horrible...I will spare you the details....but it was bad enough that I had to make sure I was awake....So as I lay there terrified all by myself in my dark house....waiting for the monsters in the closet to get me, I just had to go....and I didn't know how I was going to hold it until 6:00am. So I figured I would take the test really fast, see that it was negative and it would get my mind of the kidnapper that was about to get me.
As I am sitting there half asleep waiting the 3 minutes...I got impatient and looked over, and it had a big fat POSITIVE! ......I sat and stared at it....then stared at it some more....and once I realized I wasn't dreaming...and it actually did have a pink + sign. I just cried.....there I am on the John crying like a baby for a good 20 minutes. Then I thought....I need to take a picture of this! So that when I wake up I can actually see if its right, when I am not half asleep. ( Because I have read one wrong once before and went and woke Jeff up to tell him the good news when it actually was nothing...not my best moment...oops)
So at around 4:00am I tried to go back to sleep so I could get up at 6:00am and get ready for work....so I could be ready to tell Jeff when he got home from work at 7:30am. ugh....It seemed for ever away....I just layed in bed...in shock and in pure joy...and I was also kicking my self for taking that test at 3:00am!
Jeff got home around 7:30 and I was just trying to act normal, while he greeted our puppy and finally was able to greet me....I was grinning like a goon. I just couldn't help it....but he didn't even notice....I must grin like a goon all the time. He gave me a hug and I just said guess what, and he just said what....and I said I'm pregnant....he just looked at me started to smile...and kept asking me really!?....it was such a happy moment. We both just hugged each other for awhile.
I honestly thought this would never happen....We both kind of just gave up. We are so over joyed for the baby to come in September. We are also overwhelmed with all the love and the wonderful stories that everyone has shared with us. We are so thankful for all of you, that has prayed for us, and help us through these past 4 years of happiness and tears. We are excited for our new adventure, and we are so happy to share it with all of you!
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So happy for you!!! :) Loved reading your post! I like to hear the background stories :)
ReplyDeletehaha I love it! So funny! Cant wait till september!!!
ReplyDelete