Tuesday, August 9, 2011

California Girl in Arizona.

I grew up in Kelseyville Ca. About seven years ago my family moved to Arizona. I was really excited about the move. I had never been here and I was boy crazy and figured there would be more boys in AZ then the small town I grew up in lol I was right! I met this cute boy.........
SWOON! And convinced him to marry me :)

One big shocker moving to AZ is the bugs and wild life.....No joke its seems everything is super sized and poisonous here!

Example 1:
Before I met Jeff I lived at home. I came home from work late one night and was locked out of the house. My sister was still up watching T.V....... so I got her attention from the front window, for her to let me in. She came smiling and joking that she wouldn't let me in.....after a few minutes of that. She turned on the porch light looked down at my feet through the window and saw this......
I of course didn't know it was there until her eyes got big and she pointed down at my feet! It was right next to me.....I hate spiders!....and I seriously thought these things only existed in pet stores until that moment. I proceeded to scream at her to let me in....and she didn't for awhile, because she was rather happy the door was separating her from that......I still have not really forgiven her for that moment :) A house spider super sized in AZ?

Example 2:
When Jeff was at work one night I was cleaning our house and ran into this guy....

He was just chilling on the family room floor....who knew such a little thing could send a 26 year old women flying onto her couch screaming.....and talking to herself about how this has to happen when her husband is at work...... I would like you to know.....I didn't relocate him.....I smashed him with a shoe....I hope this got to his friends that they are not welcome inside the DeMoss house.

Example 3:
Last night Jeff and I came home after looking at our new house. We had the trash can sitting in the driveway and Jeff went to move it into the street for the trash guy to come the next morning......Me being me talking his ear off stayed out side while he was doing this. I watched him start rolling it then saw something under it. At first I thought it was a piece of trash, But then I realized it was this......
I gasped as I watched him step right over it....there just wasn't enough time for me to say something. Then I shouted "BABE" and pointed (I know alot of help right....when he is standing right next to a rattle snake!) I'm not kidding he almost stepped on it wearing flip flops Cringe! Thanks to our wonderful fire department....they came and got this little baby rattle snake and relocated him.....and to answer your question..YES..I now look at the floor when I walk everywhere!

I'm really hoping I don't have anymore experiences like these....once was enough :) To my mom I am sorry, I know you don't appreciate the pictures in this post.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I had forgotten about the spider experience!!!! Sorry but I was afraid it would run into the house! I thought maybe you would be an acceptable sacrifice for it...lol jk love you sis!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mean Rachel, very mean! I am with you sarah...no thanks to the desert critters...especially the scorpions!

    ReplyDelete