I got to celebrate my first real mothers day! It was very special because I got to spend it with both my boys! That can be a very rare occasion in the DeMoss house. Jeff works two full time Jobs! He does such a amazing job juggling that, along with being a Father and Husband.
We just relaxed and enjoyed each others company.
They got me a beautiful statue to go with the rest of my collection!
This mothers day was different for me, before I struggled with mothers day. It was a reminder that being a mother might not be in the cards for me, the way I always pictured it. That is a lot of self pity, but is also a emotion many infertile women struggle with.
Jackson was a answer to my many prayers. Not a day goes by that I stare at him, just in awe that he even is here. He is a constant reminder that the struggles in life are worth it. That any hard ship you are going through at the time, that there is a end in sight...... whatever it might be.
I also learned that mothers day isn't just about mothers. It is about women. It is about the women that take the little extra time helping a child. Even if it seems small to you, it can be big for that child.
I want to say Happy Mothers day to all the women out there, You are all truly amazing.
Thank you for all the women in my life and for all the little things you have done for me, they have been big things for me.
Thank you Jackson, for making me grow up and be the best I can be. I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment