I am going on three months at being at home full time. I have to say, some days I love it, and some days I think....WHAT ON EARTH DID I DO!!!!!
Don't get me wrong I am very blessed to be able to do this, but it is not as easy as I pictured it. The first couple of weeks were so easy, I loved every second of it. Then it started to get hard for me. Some days I would never leave the house. I had no social life. I was very guilty of not showering until 9:00 pm.
Jeff works weird hours. He works 24 hours (7:00am-7:00am) at the fire house, then 12 hour (11:00am-11:00pm) shifts at the hospital. I would see him at midnight half asleep and for a short time in the mornings. This was very hard for us at the beginning. We have finally found a way to saver the time we all have together, and that has helped me to get out of my lonely funk.
Thanks to my sister and my mom, they let me call them almost everyday. They patiently listen to my random stories, and my ongoing talk about how Jackson can drool. I couldn't do this without there advice and wisdom.
Even though I feel like I do laundry all day, the dishes a million times and open the back door a million times for my dog. I am very happy this is my job. I finally found a balance to take care of my family and also take care of me.
Thank you babe for working your booty off to give me this. You are truly amazing
I'm so glad you posted your blog on facebook. Welcome to the world of stay at home motherhood! I rely heavily on phone calls to my mom and sister too, so I can totally relate. Your little guy is so cute. I'm so happy you get to be home with him even if it is hard sometimes!
ReplyDelete